Valentines "We Go Together Like..." Decorate and Sip Class - 02/11/24 La Mesa Wine Works
Looking for something fun to do for Valentines Weekend? You don't need a significant other to celebrate! Pamper yourself with a Valentines-themed Decorate and Sip cookie and wine class! Join me at La Mesa Wine Works (East County San Diego) on SUNDAY, February 11th from 1:00-3:30pm for this fun class covering the basics of sugar cookie decorating! Learn everything you need to get started making festive cookies! Beginners Welcome!! Note: 21 and up due to location.
Class includes everything you need for a fun day!
- Cookie Decorating Class ($60 value) - In-person instruction, 6 big gluten-friendly cookies, icing, sprinkles, tools, a box to take your beautiful creations home in, as well as my cookie recipe, icing recipe, and step-by-step directions!
- La Mesa Wine Works wine flight ($18 value)
- $10 off coupon for a bottle of wine ($10 value)
- A fun afternoon away from work/kids/chores (priceless)
This class is two and a half hours so we can have enough time to decorate and ask questions along the way. Come by yourself or bring your friends! You'll leave class with some awesome cookies, a great wine tasting experience, and some new friends!
If your friends and family can't join, you can purchase an add-on kit so that you can teach everyone what you learned! I’ll include the class PowerPoint so that you can access the step by step directions any time.
*Note: Choose "Local Pick Up" for fulfillment, then choose DATE for this class (Feb 11th).
*Trouble checking out? Scroll down to the bottom of the page and make sure all info is filled out before you can add to cart.
What will I be doing in the class?
- Having an awesome time, of course! I will be going over some cookie facts and decorating techniques and you will be decorating your very own set of cookies that you will take home with you that day.
Can I purchase an additional take-home kit?
- Absolutely! Many attendees purchase additional class kits to take home and re-do the classes. You can purchase an add-on kit during check-out. Your kit will be available at the end of your class - so don't forget it!
Do I need to have any experience?
- Not at all! Even my sister (who thinks toast counts as "cooking") can do this class! I will bring pre-made cookies that you will be decorating.
What will we learn in class?
- You’ll learn what goes into preparing royal icing, the value of different icing consistencies, how to color icing, and tricks to fill piping bags WITHOUT getting it all over you, the dog, and your counters. You’ll also learn different decorating techniques such as outlining, detailing, and wet-on-wet. Techniques will vary depending on the class.
What do I need to bring?
- Everything needed for decorating will be provided for you! All you need to do is join us and have fun!
- If you're worried about getting icing all over yourself, you can bring your own apron or just wear easy-to-wash clothing. Oh! And if you're like me and find yourself squinting at menus now, you'll want to bring your glasses.
- I'll be taking photos during class and will email out afterward, but feel free to bring your phone so you can "'gram" your awesome creations!
What age is best for cookie classes?
- As this is at a wine bar, this class is 21 and up. However, you can purchase an additional take-home kit! I’ll send you the class PPT and you can teach your kids in the comfort of your own home.
What will I bring home?
- By the end of the class, you will have created a set of gorgeous cookies ready to dry for 24-48 hours in their own box. And of course, you’ll have new skills, memories, and fun!
Can I sign up as an individual or as a group?
- You can sign up either as an individual, with a friend, or with a whole group. The more the merrier! Seats are limited, so definitely sign up ASAP!
General Cancellation Policy for Classes:
Canceling before 7 days out:
- If you are unable to attend a class and it is at least a week out, email me to choose another class to move to, or to get your refund started ASAP.
Canceling within 7 days of class:
- For any cancellation prior to your class’s start time but after the 7-day refund policy, please email me at email@example.com. I will be happy to offer a class credit for a future class. Unfortunately, due to the short notice and prep time required, I will not be able to offer a refund.
If You Don't Show Up Or Email Prior To Class:
- If you do not show up for class and I have not heard from you prior to the class start time, I will not be able to offer you a refund or a credit, regardless of the reason. So please reach out to me if you’re feeling sick before class starts!
If You Purchased a Class Take-Home Kit and a Class Ticket:
- If you purchased both a class ticket and a take-home kit and email prior to the 7-day refund policy, I’ll be happy to offer you a full refund for both your class ticket and DIY kit. If it's within seven days of class, you may request a class credit if available (see above); however, you'll need to send a family member or friend to pick up your DIY kit from class on your class date. I cannot offer refunds on already assembled DIY kits.
Note: I make GLUTEN-FRIENDLY/NUT FREE cookies to minimize allergy risk and maximize fun! However, please note that my kitchen does have surfaces that sometimes come into contact with wheat.